Looking for the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck this summer? Try this: spinach dip made with loads of cheese and roasted jalapenos for an extra kick of heat and spicy flavor.
- 3-5 jalapenos (depending on your tolerance for heat)
- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces pepperjack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- freshly ground pepper
1. Halve jalapenos and place on a greased baking sheet. If you prefer your dip spicy, leave the seeds and veins intact. If you prefer less spicy dip, remove some or all of the jalapeno seeds and veins. Broil on high for approximately 5 minutes, then flip jalapenos and broil for another 5 minutes, or until jalapenos are slightly charred and blackened.
2. Roughly chop jalapenos. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
3. Place dip in a greased 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the dip is bubbling.
4. Serve dip with chips, and lemon wedges as garnish if desired. Bon appetit!