- 3 Japanese eggplant
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted, shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic from the jar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Thinly slice Japanese eggplant lengthwise on mandolin at approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Salt sliced eggplant in a colander and allow to sit for 10 minutes to naturally bring out excess water. Rinse and pat dry. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides, then roast on baking sheets for 10-12 minutes.
- While eggplant is roasting, make pesto by placing remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add enough olive oil while blending until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- After eggplant has roasted and cooled, spread pesto evenly on each eggplant slice and roll into circles. Serve as is or with toothpicks for easy eating.
Yield: I used 3 large Japanese eggplant and it resulted in 21 eggplant rolls, without having to use the first and last slices of eggplant that contained the end/skin of the eggplant.